GENERAL CONTEST RULES:
it is All Texas school students from pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade and College Students can enter this contest. The Texas Character Education Day Poster Contest is organized by volunteer participant organizations. The sponsors and partners’ organization’s children can participate in the poster contest in their category. Those students’ entries will be judged separately. All rules and prizes will be the same for two categories’ contestants. All entries must be original and entirely created by the contestant. Contact information collected will be used for the purpose of Texas Character Education Day only and will not be used for marketing or any other purposes. The winners and runner-ups will be contacted by email on March 30,2020. The words used in the poster should be in English or in native language with English translation. All poster entries become the property of the Texas Character Education Day Poster Contest and are non-returnable. The right to modify any poster or slogan for reproduction purposes is reserved. Selected posters will be displayed on the Gallery Section at www.txcharacterday.com and students’ identity information will be shared as follows
First name and initial of the Last name (For Example: John D.)
Student’s Grade Level
To be fair for all contestants, Texas Character Education Day Poster Contest is divided into two categories by contestants.
1- Sponsor and Partner Organization’s Children Category
2- All other contestants Category
It is also divided into two categories by submission type.
1-Traditional Poster Category (PreK-12/and College Students)
2-Digital Poster Category(9-12th Grades/and College Students)
Traditional Poster Category Divisions:
The contest is divided into six divisions by grades
- 9 – 12
- and University/College Level
Digital Poster Category Divisions:
It is divided into three divisions by grades.
- 7 – 8
- 9 – 12
- and University/College Level
Prizes for each category:
One (1) winner and one (1) runner-up from each grade division for each category will be determined by the judges at their sole discretion. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all respects.
PreK-5th Graders for each Division:
Runner Up $50
Runner Up $75
Runner Up $100
Runner Up $250
Teachers of the 1st winners receive $ 200 to be used for classroom art supplies!
TRADITIONAL POSTER CONTEST RULES (PreK-12/and College Students) :
- Poster entries must provide a positive message and focus on Texas Character Education Day.
- Use only 11” X 17” or 12” X 18” paper or poster board.
- Must be student’s ORIGINAL artwork, and be age-appropriate within-grade divisions.
- NO glue; NO glitter; NO attachments; NO signatures in front of posters!
- NO syndicated, copyrighted, or clipart images!
- NO computer-aided or copy-machine poster entries!
- NO profanity; NO sexually explicit content; and NO drawings of a suggestable nature allowed.
- Reproducibility, spelling, grammar, and poster messages also factor in judges’ decisions.
- Use good lettering, high contrast, and bright colors on paper or poster board size 11” x 17” or 12” x 18”.
- Please follow all poster contest rules or face disqualification of poster entry
- The jpeg image of the poster should be at least 300 dpi
DIGITAL POSTER CONTEST RULES (7-12th Grades/and College Students):
* Poster entries must provide a positive message and focus on Texas Character Education Day.
* Use Adobe Illustrator or similar vector-based program only
* Vector graphic only. No raster images.
* Use only 11” X 17” or 12” X 18” layout in a digital program.
* Must be student’s ORIGINAL artwork, and be age-appropriate within-grade divisions.
* NO attachments or “placed” images; NO signatures in front of posters!
* NO syndicated, copyrighted, or clipart images!
* NO profanity; NO sexually explicit content; and NO drawings of a suggestable nature allowed.
* Reproducibility, spelling, grammar, and poster messages also factor in judges’ decisions.
* Use good lettering, high contrast, and bright colors in vector digital program.
* Digital posters must be submitted in PDF format
* Please follow all digital poster contest rules or face disqualification of poster entry.
Discrimination Clause: We will ensure that no person or groups of persons shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, retaliation or genetic information, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination.
Here’s an opportunity to showcase a students’ artistic, imaginative, and creative talent with a POSITIVE & ORIGINAL poster design about Color the World with Character. Submit your original art that contains at least one-character trait of Caring, Integrity, Responsibility, Citizenship, and Leadership. Win CASH. Complete the entire entry form.
Only one poster entry per student will be accepted. The submission deadline is Feb 7, 2020. To enter:
- Scan/or take a photo of your artwork and attached it to the entry form. All entry form information must be complete and legible. Provide all details requested.
- Print Contest Registration Entry Form and email (to firstname.lastname@example.org), mail or deliver (to 10550 Westoffice Dr. Houston, TX 77042). The deadline for delivery is February 7, 2020. For mailed entries, the postmark must be no later than February 7, 2020. Each student’s full name and grade must be included on the back of each poster.